April-September 2018Calling all South Africans – Table Mountain Cableway’s 3-for-1 Kidz Season special has arrived early this year giving South African families daily discounted rates from Friday 27 April to Monday 24 September 2018! Children, tweens and teens alike – the Kidz Season special sees two youngsters under 18 years of age ride for free with every Kidz Season adult return ticket purchased for the special price of R250 online from tablemountain.net or at the Lower Station Ticket Office. Upon arrival, all young explorers will receive a sticker or a temporary tattoo and a Kidz Season treasure hunt map, in which they will find vouchers for free treats from the Shop at the Top and the Table Mountain Café. Older kids can download the free Voicemap app (available from the Apple App or Google Play stores) and enjoy the free Cableway audio tours. Once downloaded, these audio tours run offline and will provide your kids (and you) with great insights into the iconic New 7 Wonder of Nature. Hungry adventurers can also stop by the Table Mountain Café for its Kidz Season Café Special, priced at R55, that includes a ‘Dassie’ pizza slice, 200ml fruit juice and dried fruit rolls. What do you need to know?
- Parents purchasing tickets must ensure they have their valid South African ID on hand.
- Online ticket holders can join the queue to board the cable cars immediately on arrival. Online tickets are valid for 7 days and can be refunded within this 7 day validity period.
- Free 30-minute guided tours depart from the Twelve Apostles Terrace, below the Shop at the Top and the Table Mountain Café, on the hour from 9am to 3pm daily.
- There is FREE WiFi at the Lower Cableway Station and at the Upper Station in the Wi-Fi Lounge. You can use this to browse the web and upload your family pics from the day.
- Park and ride: Leave your car in the parking lot at the bottom of Tafelberg Road. From there you can catch the free MyCiTi shuttle to the Lower Cableway Station. Shuttles depart every 30 minutes between 7am and 7pm.