Serves 3 – 4
5ml Sambal Oelek or chilli paste
15ml curry paste
45ml soy sauce
15ml sesame oil
15ml caster sugar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
5ml ground ginger
2 packets 2 minute ramen noodles
15ml + 15ml oil
250g button or portabellini mushrooms, sliced
1 big brown mushroom, thinly sliced and halved
200g beef steak, thinly sliced
3 spring onions, sliced
45ml fresh coriander, chopped
1 red or green chilli, sliced (optional)
- Whisk the chilli paste, curry paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, caster sugar, garlic and ginger in a small bowl.
- Add the meat and coat in the mixture. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Prepare the noodles as per packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat 15ml oil in a wide pan or wok and fry the mushrooms for 4 – 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Return the pan to the stove with the remaining 15ml oil and fry the steak and marinade for 3 -4 minutes.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan and the noodles. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with spring onions, coriander and extra chilli if desired.